+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Benchspeed or Bunkmark?

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Bunkspeed Graffiti Benchmark 960x540 @ 500 passes
    3x GTX 780 Ti, 8640 cores = 17s

Bunkspeed Graffiti Benchmark 4000x2250@500 passes
    3x GTX 780 Ti, 8640 cores = 6m59s
    Wow big difference in speed for low res, not so much in high res. Almost half the time of 3x580's in low, little gain on the 4k res.

Indeed! The low res is a joke aha!

Yes it is interesting how it scales like that. It is at least 400% increase in performance over my Boxx machine using Quadro 4000, Quadro 600 and a Tesla C2075. Loving the speed increase and it's even faster in other apps!!
    Kenny Wilson
    900D ASUS Maximus VI Extreme 4770k 3x GTX 780 Ti's AX1200i 32GB RAM H100i a lot of SP120 fans
    Bunkspeed Shot Pro 2014

Very interesting to see the difference between the low & high res. Regardless, it's nice to see a card officially trump the 580 which was released in Nov of 2010. How sad is that.

Ahaha, yes my cards are destroyed! But the 580 is still very good

Yes, the 580 is still a great card! I was merely pointing out how sad it is that it took more than 3 years to produce a better card. If I was building a system for myself, I would be looking for some 580s.

So if you guys are setting up a new system you would use 3x GTX 780 Ti? We are going to be specing out new hardware with 3 floating PRO licenses and Powerboost... Just constantly confused on GPU performance... I thought bunkspeed was able to scale speed based on cuda cores.. clearly this isn't the case... Need to know seriously what cards to get... any advice would be greatly appreciated

Titan, K5 or K6 or GTX 780 or ???

Thanks!
    Steve C

Quote Originally Posted by scampbel View Post
    So if you guys are setting up a new system you would use 3x GTX 780 Ti? We are going to be specing out new hardware with 3 floating PRO licenses and Powerboost... Just constantly confused on GPU performance... I thought bunkspeed was able to scale speed based on cuda cores.. clearly this isn't the case... Need to know seriously what cards to get... any advice would be greatly appreciated

Titan, K5 or K6 or GTX 780 or ???

Thanks!
    Steve C
    Bunkspeed does scale but I'm not sure how linear. In theory if I have 2 GTX 780's it should be twice as fast as a single GTX 780. I haven't done any tests to see how close to ratio it is and how far it drops off (if any) as you add cards.

Are trying to compare the higher CUDA cores of a Kepler card to the lower CUDA cores of a Fermi card and expecting a scaled performance? You would wish that's the case but the archetures are completely different on the two generations. So 1000 CUDA cores of Kepler does not perform the same as 1000 CUDA cores of Fermi.

I would not spend the money on a Titan unless I needed the VRAM. A 780 Ti is a more powerful card than a Titan is, unless you're talking Black. A Titan Black is basically a 780 Ti + Titan, so you get the performance of the 780 Ti and the VRAM of a Titan. NVidia and their marketing games makes it confusing lol. I also would not waste the money on a high end workstation pro card because those are going to render MUCH MUCH slower than the GeForce cards. I've had both setups and for rendering GeForce is the way to go.

If you can find some 580's and don't mind buying used those cards are still going to be your best bang for the buck in terms of performance per dollar. However if you don't or can't buy used and don't need the 6 GB VRAM I would recommend the 780 Ti.

Hope that helps! It will be interesting to see where Maxwell takes us...
    Last edited by haknslash; 03-20-2014 at 11:12 PM.
    Kenny Wilson
    900D ASUS Maximus VI Extreme 4770k 3x GTX 780 Ti's AX1200i 32GB RAM H100i a lot of SP120 fans
    Bunkspeed Shot Pro 2014

GTX 780 Ti

Bunkspeed Graffiti benchmark 960x540 500 passes - 63 sec

will be improved render times with next Nvidia driver releases?

I got 3 gtx 580 for a machine at work not too long ago for about $400 each, you can still find those around if you google them. From what I've read on this thread the 580's are still the best not just performance to the dollar but performance in general. I render images at about 2000 x1400 with 2000 passes and they take about 3-5 minutes.

+ Reply to Thread