+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bunkspeed Wishlist

Nice David!
    Kenny Wilson
    900D ASUS Maximus VI Extreme 4770k 3x GTX 780 Ti's AX1200i 32GB RAM H100i a lot of SP120 fans
    Bunkspeed Shot Pro 2014

If you like Bunkspeed you will not like Showcase.
    That Really depends on your type of product. If you have lots of transparent objects that need refractions or have object that need self reflections for the added realism then I agree. Showcase's real downfall (just like Drive) is transparent objects.

I was more comparing showcase to drive features and the cost. Showcase costs much less than Pro Suite, but has many of the features. I am Very surprised they haven't worked in iRay there yet. It's in Max and Maya already. I wouldn't be surprised if it's coming.

Showcase has had pretty terrible animation in the past as well though, so that's always been a deterrent for me. But if you quick need something for a sales guy, like you said, it's Perfect for many people. At my last job we did several products start to finish in less than an hour at full size print resolution. The amount of realism Really depends on your materials.

It looks like they are concentrating on a workflow for Inventor users though, so I'm not sure it's much better for Max/Maya users.

Bunkspeed Does have the ability to compare 4 instead of only 2 though, which is nice. I didn't see if you can do completely different models or not though. In the example it was the same car with different materials. I wasn't sure how that worked out.

The whole argument of Ferrari for fiat price doesn’t make tons of sense to me. I know I thought I was buying the top tier product from Bunkspeed for anyone NOT in the car design field. I certainly didn’t think I was buying a de-featured package, at least that isn’t how it was sold to me. I also wouldn’t think would cannibalize any sales which would be your main concern? Unless Drive is that much more $$$.

I've always gone by, "If you have to ask, it's too expensive."

+ Reply to Thread