+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Creo 2.0

Creo 2.0

I downloaded and installed the current plugin for Creo 1.0. The installer said I was successful in my installation, yet when I open Creo 2.0 there is no indication that Bunkspeed exists in PTC world. Also, I have edited the protk.dat file with your tech support person although we had a hard time finding the location.
    Thus, the question is....can this plugin be used for Creo 2.0, and if so, is there documentation of what I need to check to make it work?

Hi -

We are confirming whether the latest plugin is intended to support Creo 2.0 and will get back with you shortly.

Thanks
    David Randle / General Manager / Bunkspeed

Any update with regard to the Creo 2.0 x64 plugin?

thanks

I think this request fell through. I've started the thread with out importer supplier again and will await further response

Just heard back. CREO 2 support is scheduled to be delivered to us end of this month. After we test/integrate, it should make it into the next major release.

Hi All - We have just received the early cut of the Creo 2 support for the plugin. Please contact support@bunkspeed.com if you would like to try it in a BETA form and provide us feedback before we release it.

Thanks,

Dave

BTW, I am using the new Creo 2 plugin and am VERY happy with the results! Nice job guys. A few things to note:
    1. Assign your materials at the part level and not the assembly level.
    2. Import to Bunkspeed using materials and groups setting in order to keep the model nicely broken up.
    3. Set the tessellation at around .1 in Proe before exporting.
    4. If your using this plugin for the first time, you access it Creo under the tools tab in the toolbar. Don't have Bunkspeed open prior to starting the export. The plugin launches it for you.
    5. I have found that I have to rebuild normals in Bunkspeed for each part otherwise the materials do not behave correctly.
    6. Great feature...hidden items in an assembly do not export.

Oh, not to mention that I estimate this plugin is saving me 1-2 hours of model prep in Alias which is how I used to get my Proe data in to Bunkspeed. I still plan on using this approach for when I need to do some serious UV assigning on softgoods products.

Really great feedback. Thanks for taking the time to write this out. We will look into the normals issue. You shouldn't have to do that after import.

Just preparing to roll out Creo 2 to my Engineering group, and don't want to lose the direct import from Creo. Has this plugin been released?

+ Reply to Thread