+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hdri lighting studio

Hdri lighting studio

Dev.gang
    What has become of the HDRI LIGHT STUDIO plug-in implementation?
    http://www.hdrlightstudio.com/
    This would plug a large gap in capabilities of Shot and Pro.
    Walter

This is incorporated into our 2012.4 Pro Suite version. Except, we don't require you to have the "plugin" to make it work. I show how this works in this webinar: http://www.bunkspeed.com/community/w...ne?assetId=473
    David Randle / General Manager / Bunkspeed

DR---
    That is salutory news! I assume that this involved a license from Lightmap.
    Best reason to upgrade.
    WR

Hdri light studio

DR--
    Do I need to purchase HDRI LIGHT STUDIO to get this to work in SHOT PRO or did you buy the license for me?
    WR

You need a license of HDRI Light Studio in order to run it when using the connection with Pro.

DR:
    Thanks, it is "Official" then!
    What is the timing of 2012.4 Pro and is the instantiation of HDRI Light Studio in the product limited in functionality in this release or is it total as depicted on their site?
    Cheers,
    WR

Isn't it just an automatic update to Any single file? So each time you save the file (which actually takes a while) from HDR light studio, it automatically updates in bunkspeed once you return. Is that not correct?
    If that Is correct, then you could also do the same thing with photoshop, or anything that can create a 32bit image and save it.
    If it's a bit more 'live' than that, I'd love to see it in use. I have yet to manage to be able to purchase light studio since it's easy enough to create really similar results with just photoshop. It's not as easy, but with some practice, lighting with it isn't so bad.

Andy,
    I totally appreciate your thoughts, however, having once been a studio shooter in Chicago (Large Format): the metaphors used in Light Studio "speak" to me in a way that PS doesn't.
    They have adopted all the "lingo" regarding illumination, falloff, positioning, etc. as well as spherical to planar mapping that is quite appealing. And the guy behind the product is really excellent.
    I am "presold"!

Well I didn't say I don't Want it. I love the interface as well. But since I can't make better looking images with it, it's more difficult sell. The time improvements were nominal, and the quality wasn't noticeable. So as a sell, it's just making me happier, which my job will do....but that's lower on the list usually.

Waller -

2012.4 has been out for about 3 months with the ability to live update content from HDR Light Studio, Photoshop etc. etc. It is a complete integration, however, we do have plans to improve it further and support several of the new features in Light Studio 3, such as their "live light" editing feature.

+ Reply to Thread