+ Reply to Thread

Thread: camera import from maya

camera import from maya

Hi,

I am having no luck importing a camera from maya into bunkspeed. The camera imports but it is in a totally crazy place and not even remotely close.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Richard

Richard,

When exporting from Maya, are you exporting as an OBJ or FBX file?

Hi Brian,

I am using FBX. It is not possible to export camera information with an obj format. Well I did not think it was.

Thanks,

Richard

What happens when you import the .mb file directly? We do support .mb import although not from Maya 2013 yet.
    David Randle / General Manager / Bunkspeed

Ah ok. It did not look possible to import maya files as they were not listed in the possible import file type list. (.mb .ma)

I am using Maya 2013 but have 2012 on my machine so can try that.

My trial license of Bunkspeed expired but hope I can get an extended one. Will talk with Angela.

Many thanks,

Richard

Hey,

Is there any news if the Maya-Camera import via importing the whole *.mb scene is working yet?
    On my 2014 pro version i can't import any .ma/.mb files, as they're not even listed in the file formats folder plus drag'n'drop doesn't work either. But in the manual it is written as possible, like even dave said.

Any tips how i can manage to import maya files?

Cheers

Maya needs to be installed and licensed on the same machine as Pro to be able to import .mb files.

I have Maya installed and licensed on the same machine as Bunkspeed Drive. I cannot import a Maya .mb into Bunkspeed, also I'm having problems importing cameras into Bunkspeed Drive with an FBX. The FBX cameras that I've imported into BD have been out of place, making them unusable....any news on that front? Any common suggestions for importing cameras from Maya to Bunkspeed?

@bondie - the maya import was improved dramatically for 2014.3. We just released this version but havn't sent out the blast yet. If you go to http://installs.bunkspeed.com/2014/BunkspeedPro.zip it will pull down the latest version.

Also, this version supports animated cameras via fbx.

Thanks

Does it also directly import Solidworks 2014 part and assembly files ?

Just wonderin' =)

+ Reply to Thread