+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some questions regarding Vizualize

Question Some questions regarding Vizualize

Dave, hi.

I have some questions regarding the next steps with Visualize and was going to contact you guys myself but then I thought maybe there are other users in my exact position. So, maybe having this conversation here could be fruitful.

I don't use SolidWorks for modeling and I very much doubt I ever will. I use Rhinoceros and, for now, PRO Suite 2014.

That being said, I use PRO Suite an individual tool, separate from my CAD software. I'm a little skeptical with this whole thing and I'm trying to determine what is the best course of action for me and every other user in similar situations.

Soo, here goes:

- I'm guessing "Visualize" will also be a tool in itself (rather than being a part of solidworks)..right?
    - I'm also guessing it will bring some new features
    - You guys already mentioned it will read other widespread CAD formats

Soo...will Visualize continue to be useful for people like me who use other CAD packages and don't want to venture into Solidworks?

Thanks in advance,

Juan.
    chinogam.

My understanding is that there will be a "baked in" version that comes with certain packages of SolidWorks, and a standalone version that has nothing (directly) to do with SolidWorks. The baked in version will not have the full functionality, only the standalone version will (along with some other new features yet to be announced). And perhaps there will be different tiers of the standalone version like there are now. At any rate, you'll definitely still be able to use Visualize without using SolidWorks.

Hi All - Aaron is largely correct however, the SolidWorks Visualize Standard package that is available to SolidWorks 2016 Professional and Premium users on subscriptions is not "baked in". It is still a standalone tool that can be installed and licensed separately from SolidWorks. The SolidWorks user who has access to the version doesn't even need to be the end user...they can give it to another designer or group within their company to use .

So....both SolidWorks Visualize Standard and Professional are stand-alone applications that do not restrict compatibility with any specific CAD packages. Ofcourse, support for SolidWorks data will be superior to other formats but we are not limiting compatibility for other CAD packages. In fact, we are adding support for more CAD packages and formats and aim to continue this trend moving forward.

Visualize will absolutely be applicable to non-SolidWorks users and with the way our roadmap is shaping up, will be a force to be reckoned with.
    David Randle / General Manager / Bunkspeed

Cool

Aaron, Dave, thanks for the reply.

The whole thing looks good then!

If Visualize is up to the task (which I'm sure it will be), then I will take the plunge and say goodbye to PRO Suite (of course I'd have to see in detail what upgrading options I'm given)

Cheers!
    chinogam.

I'd like to see a features, hardware support and cost breakdown before I consider abandoning BS Pro 2012. Haven't been too impressed with Pro 2014 and lack of refractive caustics. I hope the trend doesn't continue and we aren't forced to pay extra for basic rendering features.

Blitz -

See the feature matrix for the SOLIDWORKS Visualize here: http://www.solidworks.com/sw/product...ion-matrix.htm

As you'll see, Visualize Professional (the replacement for Bunkspeed PRO) is getting quite an upgrade. It would be worth your while to either get on maintenance now for Pro or upgrade to 2014 Pro so that you're eligible for Visualize Professional.

Visualize will be supporting CPU as well as Nvidia GPU's running Fermi class chips or newer (including Maxwell).

Pricing is being finalized but you shouldn't worry about that too much.

Transfer to visualize

We are having some issue; despite a lot of tries over the time, we havenīt been able to transfer our license to a different computer. Now, with the change to visualize, we would like to know, as we do not have an active maintenance plan, how we be affected by the change. Will Bunkspeed still work? do we get an upgrade or what are the idea

pls help us out

thank you

D

danielbush - best to email sales@bunkspeed.com directly to understand your options to get transitioned to Visualize.

In summary however, your Bunkspeed product is perpetual and will work forever. Just know that if its a 2012 or older version, it will not be able to be transferred to another machine after Dec. 31st 2015.

+ Reply to Thread