+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Apply Material to a Face only

Question Apply Material to a Face only

How do I apply a material appearance to a face or faces of a model only and note the entire part or model?

Goto parts selection, on the part panel on the right, choose select part to split. There should be a dialog window that opens. Enter the angle threshold to split a face or multiple faces from the main part and click on the face(s) that you want to split. Click Execute Split once you are happy with the selection of faces. Assign a new material to this new split part.

blitz suggested the workflow if you can't control the part break up in your cad package. We always recommend dealing with part breakup in your cad package first. For example, in Solidworks, you must assign a unique color to each face you want to be paintable as a unique part in our products.
    David Randle / General Manager / Bunkspeed

I just upgraded to PRO. is there a option somewhere to turn this feature on/off? Ive never had this happen but my parts (which are not split in my cad file) are all requiring each plane/surface to have material applied to it. So if I make a square in my cad program (all on the same layer and as a solid part) then bring it into pro, i have to applied my material to all 6 sides.
    This is very cumbersome. How do I tell PRO to apply material to a color.

got it, must import as "automatic"

+ Reply to Thread