+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bunkspeed Boost/Powerboost optimization

Bunkspeed Boost/Powerboost optimization

Hello,

We have a Bunkspeed Pro setup where we have a few workstations running Bunkspeed and a Bunkspeed PowerBoost 'server' running. Currently our workflow involves preparing BIF data and then sending it to the queue, which usually runs all day and night.

At night our own workstations are free and I was wondering if they can be set up to "assist" with the powerboost, so that we can get renderings done more quickly. I believe PowerBoost already has the ability to distribute workload to "slave" PowerBoost nodes, so I was wondering if when I leave work in the evening, I can tell my computer to be a slave node and then let it accept jobs from PowerBoost to help assist in renderings.

Anyone have any ideas about this?

Hi -

You can technically do what you are asking but with manual babysitting. We don't recommend this configuration because is involves manually starting and stopping services. It also requires a PowerBoost Slave license to be on each workstation. If you want more info, i'd be happy to talk to you on the phone about this.

Dave Randle
    David Randle / General Manager / Bunkspeed

+ Reply to Thread