+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EVGA Nvidia GTX 680 4GB issues

EVGA Nvidia GTX 680 4GB issues

Hey guys I was just wanted to put this up here just in case anyone else was having the same problem. I was getting hundreds of little dash lines on my rendering when rendering in GPU or Hybrid mode. The problem was really pronounced on dark materials. Below is a fix to the problem.

"Hey Brian,
    I figured out why I was getting artifacts on my renderings. It took me all day of adjusting every setting and configuration but I found the damn problem. The issue is with the last 2 driver updates. Driver 314.22 and 306.23 produce the same problem, little lines all over the rendering. I downgraded my driver to the 301.10 and everything was fixed. Also this wasnít a problem with just my graphics card, me and a friend swapped graphics cards (he has the same one I do, Nvidia Geforce GTX 680 4GB (EVGA)) and he had the same problem. You guys might want to put this on your list of stuff to fix (if possible). Also Iíve attached examples of renderings with each of the 3 drivers and you can see how bad the problem is with the 2 latest drivers. The lines are really pronounced if you render your files as a TIFF with a alpha layer. To see the true extent of the problem open the attached files in Photoshop. Anyways hope this helps others having the same problem."

Thanks for posting. This is already fixed in our upcoming 2013 version.
    David Randle / General Manager / Bunkspeed

When do you expect to release 2013? I too am getting these artifacts and will have to downgrade my driver version to finish a project. Thanks for the workaround dsynmunky!

BETA of 2013 should be going out any day now...just tightening some stuff up. Because there is lots of new stuff in this version, i'll keep BETA open for a fair amount of time to make sure we have to issues.
    David Randle / General Manager / Bunkspeed

+ Reply to Thread